Where mountain folk art meets progressive quilting
We have been working on this guild very hard. We have so many wonderful things planned. Without you it just won't be fun. We want your input for the best meetings possible.
I want to start out with a few things we have covered and a few ideas that we have been rolling around. All of these will be discussed with you.
1. We want to have regular informal meetings. We will cover a variety of topics. All activities will be discussed prior to the meetings so if you feel like they do not apply to you or you are not interested then you may decide not to come or bring something else to work on.
2. Some of the topics we will be covering are basic quilting skills. Color and fabric choices (good and bad.) Proper safe equipment. Supplies. How to purchase fabric without breaking the bank (including some fabric swaps within our own meetings) how fun is that! We will be teaching all aspects of quilting from cutting, piecing, sewing, thread, sewing machine feet, layering, basting, freemotion and controlled quilting, binding. We will discuss new fabric trends and how to utilize them.
3. We can bring in speakers, introduce simple projects and work on them.
4. We would love to end our first year with a quilt show, exposing the community to what modern quilting is to us. We think this will be a ball. Participation is up to you and we will be discussing all of this within our meetings so all questions and concerns will be answered.
5. We want you to know that you may contact me or Stephanie at any time through email or telephone if you have any concern or question. We want to be available to you.
6. To begin with I have introduced a poll exploring options regarding meetings. We need the information from that poll. You will find it partially hidden in the top banner right above the word WEST. It says "We need your input." Please take the opportunity to fill this out so we know how to proceed.
Thank you so very much